absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Thursday, March 17, 2005

much ado about nothing

Had a fantastic birthday! M and J arranged to meet me for breakfast on my birthday, and I walked into the cafe and M asked me if I wanted my birthday present now. Of course I bloody wanted it!! So, walked over to the table and tucked behind a wall was mum! She'd arrived a day early and it was a fantastic surprise! It's funny because I wouldn't have cried if I'd seen her later that night 'cause I was expecting her - but it was such a shock to see her sitting there. Next day M booked me a one hour massage and we had a lavish brunch! And H gave me a coffee table book on Italy...it's looking like Italy is the go. It's so great being 25!

T arrived last week too, on her way to Kosovo. Went to Harajuku to see Meiji Jingu (a beautiful shrine right in the middle of Tokyo), and it started snowing - it was the first time T had seen snow actually falling, and it was just beautiful watching her reaction. Got a free guided tour by some random university students around the shrine and one of them turned out to be studying at another branch of my school, and her teacher was a friend of mine...very small world.

Went to Tokyo Disneyland for the 3rd time (I do love that place) with T, H and S. Got discount tickets from a student of mine who works there - gotta use those contacts people. Arrived full of beans at 8:30am and left exhausted, at near 10pm. Brilliant day! Along with my Modigliani, Gaughin, Chagall, my world map and various postcards; I also have a huge Winnie the Pooh puzzle (that I completed and framed for God's sake!) on my wall! Is anyone else out there like me? I can't help it - he's so fricking cute! Pooh and Tigger mugs too! Do I need help?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fee... Happy Belated Birthday! Greetings to H!

12/4/05 22:18

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your next entry??? Trip to Australia, finishing work ...keep us posted. Bec xoxo

18/4/05 15:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home