absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Really travelling now!

Just got back from an absolutely perfect day, wandering around Copenhagen with L and her boyfriend S. This is such a beautiful city. Have fallen in love with it! Spent a couple of days in London with S & A, and caught up with K & S. My last night there, I went back to the Museum hostel, 2 of my old friend were still working there and another 2 friends were still in London and got to catch up with them too! Had a fantastic night, got home at nearly 4am, didn't sleep as I had to get up at about 5am anyway, to get to the airport to fly to Denmark. Still, wouldn't have changed it for the world!!

L is fucking brilliant at Danish! She's only been living here for 8 months and she's just bloody fantastic. Still kicking myself that I didn't study harder while I was in Japan. I saw the Little Mermaid today, and it really is little!! But I wasn't disappointed as L had told me to prepare for that! Lots of little interesting rules and things in Denmark. Everything is extremely expensive, tax is really high, but you get free medical and dental care, and education. Students actually get free tuition and textbooks, and they get paid for studying. So, they don't need part-time jobs. Homeless people are almost non-existent as everyone can qualify for an allowance from the government (about the same as what students get). It seems like a great system.

Well, the sun is still high and it's just past 8pm. Lot's more to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home