absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Friday, August 05, 2005

Churches

I must say, every church tour I've ever been on has been fantastic. The Cathedral in Lund was no different. Seriously, if you want to know about the history of the place you're visiting, have a bit of a laugh, hear interesting stories, churches and cathedrals are the places to go. You learn just as much there as you do in a museum I think. After Gothenburg, I spent a few days with J's mum in Horby. Went to Lund with T (it's a beautiful little town), and from there caught the night bus up to Stockholm. Stockholm is just beautiful. The National Museum was fantastic, so many works by famous artists, it's a must see. Also went to the Vasa Museum which is a museum of the war ship Vasa, which sank in the Stockholm harbour on its maiden voyage. Saw the actual ship, as it was pulled up out of the harbour in the 1950's. Really interesting museum.

Caught a ferry from Stockholm to Tallinn last night and I was so excited 'cause my image of the ferry was completely off base. Just imagine a ferry.......and then change that picture in your head into a cruise ship! Yes! A bloody cruise ship! It was fantastic!!! Arrived this morning and have been walking around the old town all day. Tomorrow I'm going to get a 24 hour Tallinn card which gives you entry into millions of museums and art galleries and free bicycle tours and free sightseeing tours, it's really cheap so I'm very happy. Actually, maybe on relfection I'll get the 48hr pass. Meeing A in Riga on Sunday night. Looking forward to it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Getting more colourful!!! See you in Paris... I talked to Pia this morning, told her about your travels... she said "Awesome"!

5/8/05 00:02

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could have used you in the quiz night last night - What country is Riga the capital of? :-) Sounds like you are having loads of fun. Keep the updates coming. S

6/8/05 01:09

 
Blogger Fee said...

Lativa S!

6/8/05 01:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home