absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ciao Bella

I think I have watched 'Roman Holiday' too many times, and Rome is just not the same as 50 years ago. I've always imagined it to be exactly like it was in the film, and for some reason it's gone all modern! It has been amazing - the history is just mind-boggling. Can't really believe I'm seeing things that were built before Christ. Have done a few tours, two fantastic ones and I'd urge everyone to find an Irish guy called Michael doing tours of St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. It was four and a half hours of history, quirky information and fun. Absolutely fantastic guide. The first tour of St. Peter's was free, as it was a publicity tour for the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel tour which you had to pay for (dearly, but worth every Euro). When I've been walking around, everything seems a little smaller than I imagined. I think seeing every member of my family has been to Rome and told me stories, I've built up a dream Rome in my mind. It's kinda strange. I like the people here a lot. Very friendly bunch really. Have been buying fresh fruit from the markets, and drinking devine cappucinos, eating mouthwatering lasagne, pizza and pasta....it's been really nice. S left last night to go back to London. We had a fantastic time together. The three days she was here were jam packed.

Later....have spent 3 days on the east coast near a town called Civitanova Marche and it was lovely getting out in the countryside/seaside. The beach was just beautiful. A took me out for dinner, and gellati, and to a great pub where the bartender first teased me about my Italian pronunciation of Limoncello, then proceeded to apologize by serenading me with English songs while playing the guitar. He made up for it! It was just lovely! The whole pub was singing the songs. Now I'm in Florence and today was beautiful. Sat on a bridge talking with two lovely English girls from the hostel for about 2 hours watching the sun set over the river. Couldn't have imagined Florence more beautiful. More stories when I have a little bit more time! Ciao!

I love Italian!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/9/05 07:15

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful outlook. I love reading your stories and feeling your amazement and joy in the places you visit/people you meet. I'm sorry I missed you when you called. I can't wait to see you when you come home (if you are still feeling the travel bug - you can visit us in Canberra! sorry It's not as exciting as Europe though). Take care. Love Mel.

11/9/05 15:37

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Fee! This is Jun From Tokyo with terrible temp..

I envy you for your trip in Euro. I broke up with S,but I'm OK. Last Saturday, I drunk XXXX in Roppongi, after XXXX, I tried Itarian Beer. So I remember you and your trip with many kind of beer!
Take care until you get back to Brisbane. See ya.

13/9/05 20:29

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fi - now I'm going have to plan a month-long Italian tour, on top of everywhere else I want to go! Off to see P&P movie tonight! Alice looking forward to seeing you back in Brissie. Love ang

15/9/05 20:28

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fi, Florence was my favourite! MS

21/9/05 04:21

 
Blogger Admin said...

nice and awesome jobs in karachi

27/11/18 20:15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home