absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

City of cafes

Firstly, I'm getting married!!! Woohoo! So so happy, it's hard to take the smile off my face. I keep looking down at my left hand and think 'wow'! For those of you who don't know my lovely Tim, I'll give you the background. I moved into a house in Chelmer two and a half years ago and Tim was my housemate, and about 4 months later we were dating. He was my best mate in the house and my favourite person in the whole world, so it was very easy to fall in love with him.

We've just moved down to Melbourne and Tim's started a post-doc job at a university near by. I've been on holidays for ages and today I finally felt that it had been too long! So, onto seek.com.au and bigger and better things.

Absolutely loving it down here. So different to every other city I've visited in Oz. Loving the little lanes filled with cafes you find as you amble around in the city. We went to the Queen Victoria Markets on Saturday and bought lots of veges and mince for a big spag bol, and afterwards found ourselves in Hardware Lane and sitting down at a little French cafe eating crepes in the warm sun. Perfect day!

I've read about 30 books since we've moved down here. Very easy to do when you're unemployed and not unpacking. I'm near the end of 'Crime & Punishment' and it's a very interesting book. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I read it when it was first published in 1866 though. Some of the conversations and rants are hard to follow and a lot of the characters seem to be a little mad. Mum gave me a few books to read and I've devoured them this week. 'March' by Geraldine Brooks (very good), 'Mercy Among the Children' by David Adams Richards (excellent but extremely depressing) and 'The Good Parents' by Joan London (I liked it).

I promised my beloved that I would clean my half of the office today (as I have sincerely promised everyday this week), and instead have been reading C&P, playing on the computer and generally procrastinating. But no more! I must be off!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you and proud of you for your update not long ago. Love Melbourne too and see you again for the comedy festival! love jane

10/2/09 20:55

 
Blogger earthkissed said...

hardware lane was one of Matt's and mine favourite places in melbourne! I was looking at flights on the internet yet, but haven't booked any. You should be putting lots of interesting exciting posts up while you're in Melbourne! I insist!!!

1/3/09 12:30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home