absolutely love working in hostels. can't imagine wanting to do anything else. a while ago worked in a fantastic hostel in nz and ever since have wanted to run my own. if i just save instead of spending my hard-earned cash on travelling....!!!! but where's the fun in that huh?

Friday, September 16, 2005

Packing

It's late and the only reason I'm writing this now is because I don't want to pack. I always do this, no matter where I am. Pack at the last minute, and always at night. I remember in Brisbane, family and friends would come over and help me and we'd spend all night drinking coffee and talking and I'd finish really late! I loved that! It's almost like a tradition now.

So, back in London and staying with S & A. My last day in Italy I went to Pisa 'cause I was flying out from there. Saw the Leaning Tower and it was just beautiful. It was about 9 or 10pm, and just looked gorgeous at night. So white! They are restoring it at the moment, so it's all lovely and clean.

Came back to London Tuesday afternoon and completely relaxed! Spent the day yesterday walking around all my old haunts: Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Big Ben, Victoria. Went back to the Vic where I used to work and it was so different! They've completely redone it and it looks amazing. 200 people can stay there now, so it has a different atmosphere, but I think it works well. It's a bit more of a 'Big Hostel' now, but still nice. The Museum is always going to have my heart though. Tonight, I saw an old friend of mine P. He was working with me at the Museum 3 years ago, and after I left, he met the love of his life, and got married, so I finally got to meet her properly and she's just fantastic! It's so nice to see people who are so happy together. Really warms the heart. Sad saying goodbye to K and S &A, hopefully will be back next year with another working holiday visa for Italy so will be able to see everyone again then. Okay, quarter past 1 now, really must pack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home